Bulgarian Socialist Presidential Candidate Hits Campaign Trail
The presidential candidate of Bulgarian Socialists Maj Gen Rumen Radev is embarking on a series of meetings with voters to unveil his election platform.
On Thursday, Radev is meeting members of the Association of Military Intelligence Officers and the Association of Reserve Intelligence Officers, among others, according to bTV.
Thursday’s meetings come in the wake of a rift between main opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) and left-wing ABV party.
BSP leader Korneliya Ninova announced earlier this week that the party had halted talks with ABV led by former President Georgi Parvanov on having Radev as a joint nomination of the two parties for the November 6 presidential elections.
Following the rift, Parvanov has said that ABV will nominate its own candidate.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend