Bulgaria to Appoint Defense Attache in U.S. as New Air Force Chief
The government has proposed to appoint Brigadier General Tsanko Stoykov as Air Force Commander to replace Maj Gen Rumen Radev who resigned earlier this month.
Stoykov, 53, is serving as Defense Attache in the Bulgarian Embassy in Washington, D.C.
The government said in a statement after a weekly meeting on Wednesday that it also proposed to President Rosen Plevneliev to promote Stoykov to the rank of Major General.
- » Romania, Bulgaria Boost Defense Buys Amid Worries About Russia
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejected President's Veto on Changes to the Military Intelligence Act
- » Bulgaria Ranks 49th in the Global Firepower 2019 Military Strength Ranking
- » US Army Iron Rangers Conduct Spur Ride in Bulgaria
- » China Plans a Giant Military Parade on October 1
- » The Second Supply of C-400 Rockets arrived in Turkey