Bulgaria to Appoint Defense Attache in U.S. as New Air Force Chief
The government has proposed to appoint Brigadier General Tsanko Stoykov as Air Force Commander to replace Maj Gen Rumen Radev who resigned earlier this month.
Stoykov, 53, is serving as Defense Attache in the Bulgarian Embassy in Washington, D.C.
The government said in a statement after a weekly meeting on Wednesday that it also proposed to President Rosen Plevneliev to promote Stoykov to the rank of Major General.
- » Over BGN 50 Million Needed for the Repair the Bulgarian Army's Helicopters
- » Eight Countries will Participate in the largest NATO Military Exercise in Bulgaria
- » Turkey has Completed the Construction of a 764-kilometer Concrete Wall on the Syrian Border
- » The Bulgarian Army will have New Combat Equipment
- » Aleksandar Vucic: "We have been Warned - if we Send Soldiers to Kosovo..."
- » Qatar Seeks Full Membership in NATO