Forest Fires near Bulgaria's Harmanli Now Under Control
The huge fire between the towns of Ostar kamak and Ivanovo is now under control. The firefront of 3 km has now been put out, regional authorities reported.
The natural distater spread across 3000 dka, and most of the damaged areas were full of pine trees. Reasons for the fire reamin unknown, but an investigation is ongoing to establish if it was in fact an arson.
Thanks to the active efforts of regional authorities, volunteers and firefighters the damage has been limited to the forest and did not spread across nearby towns.
Most probably the mayor of the Harmanli municipality will issue an order for the state of emergency to be lifted by the end of the day.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece does not Plan to Return Covid Measures
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Measures will Not End Today, They will be Extended
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Duration of the Isolation of Patients is Reduced from Today
- » Bulgaria: Are Gas Stations Draining Money through the Anti-Crisis Measures
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1,350 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Another Death on “Trakia” Highway