Bulgaria's Producer Prices in Agriculture Fall 0.8% Y/Y in Q2 2016
Bulgaria’s producer prices in agriculture have dropped by 0.8% year-on- year in the second quarter, as the crop output index rose 0.6%, while the animal output index fell 2.2%.
The prices of goods and services used by agricultural producers in the second quarter of 2016 fell 4.8% compared with the same period of 2015 and was down by 3.8% compared to 2015 average, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) announced on Tuesday.
Cereals prices were 5.7% lower in the second quarter of 2016 compared to the same period of 2015; soft wheat dropped by 10.3%, barley prices decreased by 6.8%, and prices of fresh vegetables fell 15.7%. The prices of industrial crops rose 9.9%, fodder prices soared 28%, and fresh fruit prices increased by 10.5%.
Compared to the second quarter of 2015, an increase was registered in the price of live animals (+1.3%), while the prices of animal products fell 4.7%, the NSI said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bansko is Preparing for the Winter Season
- » Two-Way Flight Sofia-Ruse for BGN 60-70 after February 2022
- » Vital Questions to Ask Before Buying Bitcoin
- » Bulgarian Government Negotiations: Health Care Reform is Needed
- » The Guardian: Brexit through the Eyes of a Strawberry Picker from Bulgaria
- » Protests in Turkey over the Collapse of the Turkish Currency