Bulgaria Charges Four Afghans with Attempted Smuggling of 29 Syrian Migrants from Turkey
Bulgarian prosecutors have pressed charges of people smuggling against four Afghan citizens who attempted to smuggle 29 Syrian nationals into Bulgaria from Turkey.
The Afghans led the group of irregular Syrian migrants across Rezovska river, which that forms part of Bulgaria’s border with Turkey in Tsarevo Municipality, on Friday. The group included 15 persons under the age of 16 and a three-month old baby, Bulgaria’s Prosecutor’s Office said in a statement on Tuesday.
The four Afghan nationals, who were detained by police, weren’t registered as refugees in Bulgaria, according to the statement.
They face up to 10 years in prison and fines of up to BGN 30,000 if convicted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski