Bulgaria with Bronze Medal after Impressive Performance in Rio Rhythmic Gymnastics
Team Bulgaria demonstrated excellent craftsmanship and secured the long-awaited Olympic medal in Rio.
Bulgaria got a priceless medal after the team was shaken by the personal tragedy of Tsvetelina Stoyanova. The young gymnast had a psychological breakdown and fell from her apartment in Sofia. She is now recovering slowly and is undergoing heavy rehabilitation.
The Bulgarian gymnasts said they would dedicate their medal, if they win one, to Tsvety.
After two routines without visible mistakes, Bulgaria was one of two teams that showed stability. The other team was Spain, who shared the same overall score as Bulgaria, but had a better performance portion.
The winner expectedly was team Russia. After making a mistake in their first routine with ribbons, they compensated with an excellent performance in 3 clubs and 2 hoops, securing the highest score in the competition -18.633.
- » Bulgarian Football Champion Ludogorets Bought Israel's Top Scorer
- » Grigor Dimitrov Dropped Out from the Top 30 for the First Time since August 2016
- » 296 Boxers From 39 Countries Participated in a Boxing Tournament in Bulgaria
- » One of the Richest Bulgarians Vasil Bozhkov Takes over the Management of Levski Football Club
- » UEFA Decided When Bulgaria must have at least One Stadium with VAR
- » Official: Lubo Penev is the New Coach of CSKA Sofia Taking over from El Maestro