Bulgaria with Bronze Medal after Impressive Performance in Rio Rhythmic Gymnastics
Team Bulgaria demonstrated excellent craftsmanship and secured the long-awaited Olympic medal in Rio.
Bulgaria got a priceless medal after the team was shaken by the personal tragedy of Tsvetelina Stoyanova. The young gymnast had a psychological breakdown and fell from her apartment in Sofia. She is now recovering slowly and is undergoing heavy rehabilitation.
The Bulgarian gymnasts said they would dedicate their medal, if they win one, to Tsvety.
After two routines without visible mistakes, Bulgaria was one of two teams that showed stability. The other team was Spain, who shared the same overall score as Bulgaria, but had a better performance portion.
The winner expectedly was team Russia. After making a mistake in their first routine with ribbons, they compensated with an excellent performance in 3 clubs and 2 hoops, securing the highest score in the competition -18.633.
- » Bulgaria's Olympic Champion Boxing Coach Petar Lesov Suspended
- » Goalkeeper Petkov Becomes Bulgaria's Oldest Player in Disappointing 1-1 Draw with Cyprus
- » Bulgarian Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Extends Burton Stay
- » Second Blow for Bulgaria's National Football Team Before the Games Against Cyprus and Slovenia
- » Bulgaria's Nova Broadcasting Extends English Premier League Rights
- » Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Could Make Bulgaria Debut after Impressing for English Burton Albion