Dimitrov defeated by Cilic at Cincinnati Masters
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov was stopped on his way up the Cincinnati Masters semifinals after a loss of 6:4 3:6 6:7 to the Croatian Marin Cilic.
Dimitrov had several breakpoint chances in the third set but did not manage to use them and left the initiative to Cilic.
The game was stopped several times due to the unpredicatble weather conditions.
This was the second time that Cilic stopped Dimitrov on his way up, as he also defeated the Bulgarian in the Rio Olympic tournament.
Cilic will go on to the final round, where he will play against UK's Andy Murray, who recently became an Olympic champion in Rio.
The great performance of Dimitrov in Cincinnati will however bring him back in the top 30, as he will take the 24th place in the ATP World Ranking.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK