Mirela Demireva Brings Home Silver Medal for Bulgaria in Rio Olympics
Bulgarian high jump athlete Mirela Demireva won the silver medal at the Rio 2016 Olympic games.
The 26-year old from Sofia made one mistake at 188 cm, and from then on had no trouble at 193 cm and 197 cm, thus securing the second spot.
This is the first medal for Bulgarian athletics since Tereza Marinova's Sidney 2000 Olympics gold medal in the triple jump sector.
Mirela Demireva has had an extremely strong season as she also took the silver in the European Championship in Amsterdam.
Ruth Beitia - the European champion from Spain, is the gold medalist with a flawless performance at all heights. Demireva also jumped the same height, but was on the second spot because of the fact that she made a mistake with the 188cm bar.
The bronze medal will go to the former world number 1, Blanca Vlasic, who has been suffering from severe injuries over the past one year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » It’s final: Djokovic will not participate in the Australian Open, he must leave the country
- » Australia Revoked Djokovic's Visa for the Second Time
- » Boris Kolev Wins His First WSOP Bracelet
- » Djokovic Apologized for his Media Appearance while being Positive for COVID-19
- » Djokovic Detained again in Australia
- » Djokovic Won the Court Battle, he will Stay in Australia