Bulgarian Bronze Medalist in Rio Elitsa Yankova sets Sight on Olympic Gold in Tokyo
The only Bulgarian medalist so far at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Elitsa Yankova, arrived in Sofia Saturday afternoon.
The 21-year old competitor from Varna, who competed in the 48kg wrestling category stated that after the medal her ambitions grew.
"I feel extremely happy. I did expect a warm welcome, because I knew about the reactions back home. I still can't realize what really happened and I cry out of joy just remembering. I even want to relive every moment no matter how hard it was at times," Yankova said.
"The toughest match was the one for the bronze medal, because I knew that if I win, I will do it for all of Bulgaria, and if I loose, I will come back home empty-handed,'' she added.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Novak Djokovic in Queens
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm