State of Emergency Issued in Harmanli
The mayor of two Bulgarian villages in the Harmanli municipality has issued a state of emergency on account of the huge fires in the fields nearby.
Tens of local military officers, firefighters and volunteers will join efforts tonight and early tomorrow morning in order to alleviate the situation.
Regional governor Stanislav Dechev is already on site and overlooking the emergency management.
Mayor Mariya Kirkova has assembled a crisis management team, whose main purpose is to block the spreading of the fire further around.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 292 New Cases on July 11 in 4540 PCR Tests
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks the 170th Anniversary of the Birth of Ivan Vazov
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Education: Three Scenarios For Starting The New School Year