Bulgaria’s Mining Output Rises 12% in 2015
Bulgaria’s mining output soared by 12% last year, reaching 112.5 million tonnes, a record rate of increase for the past 10 years, public radio broadcaster BNR has reported, citing data from the Bulgarian Chamber of Mining and Geology.
The biggest increase, 24%, was recorded in industrial minerals mining.
Mining of aggregates and building materials rose by 17% last year, coal output was up 13% and production of metal ores increased by 4%.
However, the combined revenue of the mining companies in Bulgaria dropped by 1.1% to BGN 2.41 B (EUR 1.2 B) due to a fall in the global metal prices that began in 2013. The decline in the value of metal mining output was 6%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Top Two Casinos In Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Manufactured Goods Shot up 18% in August
- » The UKGC and GamStop – Protecting You from Non-GamStop Casinos
- » Grain Harvest in Bulgaria is at a Five-Year High, and Prices are Rising
- » Fuel Runs Out in Major British Cities, London has Temporarily Suspended Competition Laws
- » National Protest on Tuesday to Block intersections and Border Crossings, Will Stop Buses