Bulgaria’s Mining Output Rises 12% in 2015
Bulgaria’s mining output soared by 12% last year, reaching 112.5 million tonnes, a record rate of increase for the past 10 years, public radio broadcaster BNR has reported, citing data from the Bulgarian Chamber of Mining and Geology.
The biggest increase, 24%, was recorded in industrial minerals mining.
Mining of aggregates and building materials rose by 17% last year, coal output was up 13% and production of metal ores increased by 4%.
However, the combined revenue of the mining companies in Bulgaria dropped by 1.1% to BGN 2.41 B (EUR 1.2 B) due to a fall in the global metal prices that began in 2013. The decline in the value of metal mining output was 6%.
- » Rosatom is Ready to Take Part in Any Form to Resume the Belene NPP
- » North Stream 2 Filed a Third Request For a Building Permit From Denmark
- » Bulgarian Bio Farmers Want the Resignation of the Agriculture Minister
- » Bulgarian Tobacco Growers Will Receive BGN 81 mln For the 2018 Harvest
- » Bulgartransgaz Receives Nearly BGN 55 mln Under the Connecting Europe Facility For Modernization and Expansion of the Bulgarian Gas Transmission Network
- » Commodity Exchange with Romania Up by Nearly 7%, Reaching EUR 4.6 billion in 2018