Bulgaria’s Mining Output Rises 12% in 2015
Bulgaria’s mining output soared by 12% last year, reaching 112.5 million tonnes, a record rate of increase for the past 10 years, public radio broadcaster BNR has reported, citing data from the Bulgarian Chamber of Mining and Geology.
The biggest increase, 24%, was recorded in industrial minerals mining.
Mining of aggregates and building materials rose by 17% last year, coal output was up 13% and production of metal ores increased by 4%.
However, the combined revenue of the mining companies in Bulgaria dropped by 1.1% to BGN 2.41 B (EUR 1.2 B) due to a fall in the global metal prices that began in 2013. The decline in the value of metal mining output was 6%.
- » Many Vineyards Affected by Hail before Grape Harvest
- » Raiden Resources Defines Second Gold Prospect at Kalabak in Bulgaria, Drill Targeting to Follow
- » This Year Honey Production in Some Bulgarian Areas will be About 50% less than Last Year
- » Bulgarian Raspberry Growers Fear Bankruptcies
- » "Turkish Stream" is Starting to Supply the Turkish Market with Gas at the End of the Year
- » Minister Rossen Zhelyazkov: 5G Technology is a Revolution For the Economy, Industry and Society