Bulgaria’s Mining Output Rises 12% in 2015
Bulgaria’s mining output soared by 12% last year, reaching 112.5 million tonnes, a record rate of increase for the past 10 years, public radio broadcaster BNR has reported, citing data from the Bulgarian Chamber of Mining and Geology.
The biggest increase, 24%, was recorded in industrial minerals mining.
Mining of aggregates and building materials rose by 17% last year, coal output was up 13% and production of metal ores increased by 4%.
However, the combined revenue of the mining companies in Bulgaria dropped by 1.1% to BGN 2.41 B (EUR 1.2 B) due to a fall in the global metal prices that began in 2013. The decline in the value of metal mining output was 6%.
- » Bulgaria's Тrade Gap More Than Doubles in Jan-Oct
- » Bulgaria's Construction Output Rises in October Compared to Last Year
- » Three Companies have a Preliminary Interest to Invest in Belene NPP
- » Industrial Producer Prices Up by 0.8% in Euro Area
- » Bulgarian Producers Receiving State Help to Certify their Crops
- » Canadian Velocity Begins Drilling at Rozino Project, Bulgaria