Bulgaria’s Mining Output Rises 12% in 2015
Bulgaria’s mining output soared by 12% last year, reaching 112.5 million tonnes, a record rate of increase for the past 10 years, public radio broadcaster BNR has reported, citing data from the Bulgarian Chamber of Mining and Geology.
The biggest increase, 24%, was recorded in industrial minerals mining.
Mining of aggregates and building materials rose by 17% last year, coal output was up 13% and production of metal ores increased by 4%.
However, the combined revenue of the mining companies in Bulgaria dropped by 1.1% to BGN 2.41 B (EUR 1.2 B) due to a fall in the global metal prices that began in 2013. The decline in the value of metal mining output was 6%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New Amendments to the Labor Code Have Been Introduced Today in Bulgaria
- » Chinese AI Company Xiao-i is Suing Apple for $1.4 Billion
- » Bulgarian Breeders Will Receive BGN 82.5 Million in Support
- » National Revenue Agency Takes Full Control of Gambling in Bulgaria
- » Gold and Silver Prices Approach a Peak as the Pandemic Continues
- » Fuel Crisis in Venezuela