Bulgaria’s Mining Output Rises 12% in 2015
Bulgaria’s mining output soared by 12% last year, reaching 112.5 million tonnes, a record rate of increase for the past 10 years, public radio broadcaster BNR has reported, citing data from the Bulgarian Chamber of Mining and Geology.
The biggest increase, 24%, was recorded in industrial minerals mining.
Mining of aggregates and building materials rose by 17% last year, coal output was up 13% and production of metal ores increased by 4%.
However, the combined revenue of the mining companies in Bulgaria dropped by 1.1% to BGN 2.41 B (EUR 1.2 B) due to a fall in the global metal prices that began in 2013. The decline in the value of metal mining output was 6%.
- » Eurostat: Bulgaria Has Exported Around 10 000 Tonnes of Honey in The EU
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Opened in Pazardjik a Plant For Production of Automotive Parts
- » Bulgaria Stands Ready To Manufacture Cars For Volkswagen
- » EU Funds and Infrastructure Push Bulgaria Construction
- » Municipal Authorities Issued Building Permits For Construction of 1 247 Residential Buildings For the First Quarter of 2019
- » The Total Producer Price Index in Industry in March 2019 Up with 0.7%