Bulgaria’s Mining Output Rises 12% in 2015
Bulgaria’s mining output soared by 12% last year, reaching 112.5 million tonnes, a record rate of increase for the past 10 years, public radio broadcaster BNR has reported, citing data from the Bulgarian Chamber of Mining and Geology.
The biggest increase, 24%, was recorded in industrial minerals mining.
Mining of aggregates and building materials rose by 17% last year, coal output was up 13% and production of metal ores increased by 4%.
However, the combined revenue of the mining companies in Bulgaria dropped by 1.1% to BGN 2.41 B (EUR 1.2 B) due to a fall in the global metal prices that began in 2013. The decline in the value of metal mining output was 6%.
- » Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov: Bulgaria Did Everything it Could and Beyond To Attract Volkswagen
- » China Oil Corporation Announces New Oil and Gas Reserves
- » January - July 2019 - the Exports of Goods From Bulgaria to Third Countries Increased by 3.0%
- » Industrial Production Index Rose by 0.8% as Compared to June 2019
- » Turkey Begins Avocado Exports to Bulgaria
- » A Gas Pipeline Contract From Turkey Through Bulgaria to Serbia is Expected to be Signed on September 5