Tennis: Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Defeats Wawrinka in Cincinnati Masters
Bulgaria’s top male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov defeated World No. 4 Stan Wawrinka 6-4, 6-4 in Thursday’s opening match of the ATP-WTA Cincinnati Masters.
Dimitrov prevailed over the Swiss star in their third-round clash, 6-4, 6-4, cementing his place in the quarterfinals against Steve Johnson of the United States. This is Dimitrov’s fourth Cincinnati quarterfinal.
"I need matches like that," Dimitrov has said, according to atpworldtour.com.
"I need ten or 12 more of those matches to sustain that level and also to send a statement not only for me, but towards everyone. I'm here to play and here to compete."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK