Tennis: Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Defeats Wawrinka in Cincinnati Masters
Bulgaria’s top male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov defeated World No. 4 Stan Wawrinka 6-4, 6-4 in Thursday’s opening match of the ATP-WTA Cincinnati Masters.
Dimitrov prevailed over the Swiss star in their third-round clash, 6-4, 6-4, cementing his place in the quarterfinals against Steve Johnson of the United States. This is Dimitrov’s fourth Cincinnati quarterfinal.
"I need matches like that," Dimitrov has said, according to atpworldtour.com.
"I need ten or 12 more of those matches to sustain that level and also to send a statement not only for me, but towards everyone. I'm here to play and here to compete."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Macedonian Football Fans Booed the Bulgarian Anthem but Lost the Match in the End
- » What Table Games can you find at the Best Casino Online in Canada
- » Bulgaria: World Title for the Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble in Sofia
- » First Medal for Bulgaria at the Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships
- » How to Choose an NFL Sports Betting Site
- » EuroBasket: Bulgaria Defeated the Host Georgia