Serbian Border Patrols Discover over 3,000 Irregular Migrants since July 22
Joint army and police patrols at Serbia’s borders have found 3,112 migrants who attempted to cross illegally into the country since July 22, the Defence Ministry in Belgrade announced on Thursday.
Two people traffickers trying to smuggle 30 migrants into Serbia were detained last night in a joint operation with police in Nis and Leskovac, the ministry said in a statement.
It didn’t say whether the migrants had entered Serbia from Bulgaria or Macedonia.
Serbia's government decided last month to form joint army and police teams to patrol the country’s borders with Bulgaria and Macedonia and prevent attempted illegal migrant crossing.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis