Elitsa Yankova brings first medal for team Bulgaria at Rio Olympics
Elitsa Yankova brought the first medal for Bulgaria at the 2016 Rio Olympic games. The wrestler managed to secure the bronze medal after an epic match against the Argentinian Patricia Alexandra Bermudez.
The 21-year old from Varna defeated her opponent by 7:6 points. During the course of the intense competition, Yankova scored 3 wins and 1 lost game, but eventually will bring home the first medal for Bulgaria so far.
''The bronze medal means a lot ... I wanted to prove to everyone that Bulgarians have alion spirit. The key to the win was knowing I had nothing to lose, but I know my abilities and I had to show something for all the hard work we did,'' said Yankova in in an interview for the Bulgarian National Television.
"I want to dedicate this medal to the entire team, to our coaches, and everyone who supported me throughout this journey,'' she added.
- » Marcelinho, Is №1 Football Player in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Volleyball Nationals had Perfect Start at the Nations League Games in Varna
- » Why Bulgaria Could Appeal to Gambling Titans
- » Sofia Fit Fest 2019 Will Be Twice as Big as the Previous Year
- » The Bulgarian National Football Team Will Play Against Kosovo
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Face Stan Wawrinka In the Third Round of the French Open