Pironkova drops out of Cincinnati Masters in second round
Bulgaria's Pironkova lost her second round match in Cincinnati Masters to Roberta Vinci by 5:7, 3:6. The game lasted a total of 100 minutes.
Pironkova had 13 breakpoints but lost the initiative in 10 of them, which led to the two-set loss. Vinci, on the other hand, succeeded in 6 out of 8 breakpoints and finished the match quickly.
Vinci is a rival to be reckoned with, as she currently holds the world number 8 position and was a finalist in last year's US Open.
In the next round, the Italian will be meeting the winner of the match between Carla Suarez Navaro or Alize Cornet.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK