Bulgaria to Start Building 24km Section of Struma Motorway Next Month
Bulgaria will launch the construction of a 24-kilometer section of Struma motorway in September, Regional Development Lilyana Pavlova has said.
The ministry awarded a BGN 281 M contract for the construction of the motorway stretch between Kresna and Sandanski to local consortium Struma-Lot 3.3 in September 2015.
Another consortium, Struma Motorway 3.1, will start building a 13km section linking the city of Blagoevgrad and Krupnik next year, Pavlova told bTV on Wednesday. The construction contract worth BGN 186 M was awarded at the end of last year.
Seventeen companies have submitted bids in a tender for the construction of Zheleznitsa tunnel, which will become part of the motorway linking Bulgaria and Greece, Pavlova added.
The tunnel will feature two pipes with a combined length of five kilometers. The estimated cost of the project is BGN 250 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » “The Bulgarian Davos” Event will take place on December 14
- » Bulgarian Schools: Tests for On-site Studying have been provided for All Students starting December 6
- » The German Army will Send-Off Merkel with a Parade
- » Gazprom Increases Gas Supplies to Bulgaria by Nearly 44%
- » Bulgarian Minister of Finance: This year's Budget may End with even a small Surplus
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Government offers the minimum Wage to become BGN 710