Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova – Collio to Run in Women’s 200m Final in Rio
Bulgarian sprinter Ivet Lalova – Collio has qualified for the Olympic athletics women's 200 m final in Rio de Janeiro.
Lalova ran in 22.42 seconds, finishing second in the second semifinal early on Wednesday Bulgarian time.
Marie-Josee Ta Lou (C?te d'Ivoire) came first in the second semifinal in 22.28 seconds.
“It was a great achievement by the 32-year-old Bulgarian, who last qualified for an Olympic 200m final 12 years ago” in Athens, the IAAF commented in its news coverage of the semifinals.
Lalova finished 5th in the 200m finals at the 2004 Olympics and was 4th in the 100m finals.
The women's 200 m final is scheduled for 4 a.m. Bulgarian time on Thursday.
- » Bulgarian Volleyball Nationals had Perfect Start at the Nations League Games in Varna
- » Why Bulgaria Could Appeal to Gambling Titans
- » Sofia Fit Fest 2019 Will Be Twice as Big as the Previous Year
- » The Bulgarian National Football Team Will Play Against Kosovo
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Face Stan Wawrinka In the Third Round of the French Open
- » Dimitar Berbatov Claims He Can Become Manchester United’s Technical Director