Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova – Collio to Run in Women’s 200m Final in Rio
Bulgarian sprinter Ivet Lalova – Collio has qualified for the Olympic athletics women's 200 m final in Rio de Janeiro.
Lalova ran in 22.42 seconds, finishing second in the second semifinal early on Wednesday Bulgarian time.
Marie-Josee Ta Lou (C?te d'Ivoire) came first in the second semifinal in 22.28 seconds.
“It was a great achievement by the 32-year-old Bulgarian, who last qualified for an Olympic 200m final 12 years ago” in Athens, the IAAF commented in its news coverage of the semifinals.
Lalova finished 5th in the 200m finals at the 2004 Olympics and was 4th in the 100m finals.
The women's 200 m final is scheduled for 4 a.m. Bulgarian time on Thursday.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Progressed with One Place in the World Rankings
- » Bulgaria's Golden Ensemble in Rhythmic Triumphs in the Crowd in Sofia (Video)
- » Successful Start for Grigor Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgarian Bilyana Dudova Became European Wrestling Champion in Bucharest
- » Grigor Dimitrov Received a "Wild Card" for the Barcelona Tournament
- » The Council of Ministers Will Create an Organizing Committee For the 2028 World Cup