Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
The Bulgarian National Audit Office (BNAO) expressed its concern at the possibility for the country to lose more EU funds in the Oprational Programme Environment 2014-2020.
After a thorough audit of the projects concerning renovation, reconstruction and prevention of areas at risk of floods and other natural disasters, BNAO stated that those projects have undergone severe delays. A total of six ministers have supposedly caused the delay.
The main project currently at risk concerns the River Basin Directorates in Pleven, Blagoevgrad, Plovdiv and Varna. The execution of the planned reconstruction works has been undergoing since back in 2011.
Bulgaria has encountered penitiary payments to EU regarding delays and conflicts of interest in the tender procedures for projects of the previous programe period in 2013 and 2014.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for significant Thunderstorms and Hail Conditions in 5 areas
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Fog, Sun, Rain and Thunder today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warmer with possibility of Rain Showers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Afternoon Rain Showers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain and Thunder, Hail is also Possible
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Weekend with Light Rains