Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
The Bulgarian National Audit Office (BNAO) expressed its concern at the possibility for the country to lose more EU funds in the Oprational Programme Environment 2014-2020.
After a thorough audit of the projects concerning renovation, reconstruction and prevention of areas at risk of floods and other natural disasters, BNAO stated that those projects have undergone severe delays. A total of six ministers have supposedly caused the delay.
The main project currently at risk concerns the River Basin Directorates in Pleven, Blagoevgrad, Plovdiv and Varna. The execution of the planned reconstruction works has been undergoing since back in 2011.
Bulgaria has encountered penitiary payments to EU regarding delays and conflicts of interest in the tender procedures for projects of the previous programe period in 2013 and 2014.
- » Sunny and Hot Saturday
- » 5 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Strikes Japan
- » The Beauty of the Amazon Jungle - The "Lungs of the Earth" (GALLERY)
- » 250 Acres of Oak Forest and Pastures Burned near Vetren
- » Weather Forecasters Warn about Dangerous Rip Currents
- » Macron: Amazonia Fires Are an "International Crisis"