Dimitrov scores win against Jill Simon in Cincinnati Masters
Bulgaria's top tennis player Grigor Dimitrov showed excellent skills and defeated France's Jill Simon by 6-1, 6-3 in the first round of the Cincinnati Masters with a prize fund of $ 4 362 385.
The match lasted a total of 76 minutes and the Bulgarian player from Haskovo marked a third win out of a total of nine games against Simon.
Dimitrov made no service game errors but managed to counterattack quite effectively, winning his opponent's serve four times.
In the second round, Dimitrov will be facing either Spain's Feliciano Lopez or the German Misha Zverev. In case he goes on to the 1/8 finals, he could be facing the Swiss Stan Wawrinka.
The leader in the tournament unsurprisingly is Andy Murray.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK