UN to Hold Next Straw Poll for Top Job on August 29
A third straw poll in the selection of a United Nations Secretary General is to be held at the world body's Security Council on August 29, officials have said.
The decision was taken after consultations at the UNSC, Ramlan Bin Ibrahim, Malaysia's Ambassador to the UN, according to the Bulgarian News Agency.
Malaysia holds the UNSC's presidency for August.
The new vote behind closed doors comes after the two previous ones on July 21 and August 05 have single out Antonio Guterres, former Portuguese Prime Minister, as the most preferred candidate.
The fifteen members of the UNSC vote "encourage", "discourage" or "no opinion" about the candidates, with the vote also aimed at persuading some of the contenders to leave the race.
So did Vesna Pusi?, Croatia's former Foreign Minister, who quit earier in August.
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov in Thessaloniki: There is no Better Place than the European Union
- » Premier Boyko Borissov to Participate at Thessaloniki Summit 2018
- » Bulgaria’s PM Held Bilateral Meetings with PMs of Serbia and Montenegro
- » Bulgaria’s PM Borisov Met with his Macedonian Counterpart Zaev
- » Struma Motorway in Sandanski-Kresna Section Will be Opened in Early December
- » Village near Chicago Signs Friendship Agreement with Bulgarian City Pernik