UN to Hold Next Straw Poll for Top Job on August 29
A third straw poll in the selection of a United Nations Secretary General is to be held at the world body's Security Council on August 29, officials have said.
The decision was taken after consultations at the UNSC, Ramlan Bin Ibrahim, Malaysia's Ambassador to the UN, according to the Bulgarian News Agency.
Malaysia holds the UNSC's presidency for August.
The new vote behind closed doors comes after the two previous ones on July 21 and August 05 have single out Antonio Guterres, former Portuguese Prime Minister, as the most preferred candidate.
The fifteen members of the UNSC vote "encourage", "discourage" or "no opinion" about the candidates, with the vote also aimed at persuading some of the contenders to leave the race.
So did Vesna Pusi?, Croatia's former Foreign Minister, who quit earier in August.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: Bulgarian Clubs should Change their Names
- » Bulgaria’s MFA summons the Macedonian Ambassador because of the Beating of a Bulgarian in Ohrid
- » In 2022, Bulgaria declared 84 Russian Officials as Persona Non Grata
- » Bulgaria’s MFA summons the Russian Ambassador over the "Grozev" Case
- » Zelensky replaces the Ukrainian Ambassador in Bulgaria
- » France got Angered by a Racist Comment made by the Leader of Bulgaria’s “Vazrazhdane” Political Party