UN to Hold Next Straw Poll for Top Job on August 29
A third straw poll in the selection of a United Nations Secretary General is to be held at the world body's Security Council on August 29, officials have said.
The decision was taken after consultations at the UNSC, Ramlan Bin Ibrahim, Malaysia's Ambassador to the UN, according to the Bulgarian News Agency.
Malaysia holds the UNSC's presidency for August.
The new vote behind closed doors comes after the two previous ones on July 21 and August 05 have single out Antonio Guterres, former Portuguese Prime Minister, as the most preferred candidate.
The fifteen members of the UNSC vote "encourage", "discourage" or "no opinion" about the candidates, with the vote also aimed at persuading some of the contenders to leave the race.
So did Vesna Pusi?, Croatia's former Foreign Minister, who quit earier in August.
- » Bulgarian President President Rumen Radev Will Participate in a Meeting with the Business in Haskovo.
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Participated in the Conference on Peace and Security in the Middle East
- » Bulgarian PM is on a Working Visit to Serbia
- » External Affairs Minister of India Will be on an Official Visit to Bulgaria
- » Prime Minister Borissov Will be Awarded With the "Orden of the Republic of Serbia"
- » An International Conference with the Participation of Bulgarian Foreign Minister is Held in Warsaw