UN to Hold Next Straw Poll for Top Job on August 29
A third straw poll in the selection of a United Nations Secretary General is to be held at the world body's Security Council on August 29, officials have said.
The decision was taken after consultations at the UNSC, Ramlan Bin Ibrahim, Malaysia's Ambassador to the UN, according to the Bulgarian News Agency.
Malaysia holds the UNSC's presidency for August.
The new vote behind closed doors comes after the two previous ones on July 21 and August 05 have single out Antonio Guterres, former Portuguese Prime Minister, as the most preferred candidate.
The fifteen members of the UNSC vote "encourage", "discourage" or "no opinion" about the candidates, with the vote also aimed at persuading some of the contenders to leave the race.
So did Vesna Pusi?, Croatia's former Foreign Minister, who quit earier in August.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Fifty People Protested in front of the Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje
- » Foreign Minister: Joining the OECD is Bulgaria's most Serious Integration Effort after the EU and NATO
- » Russian Senator: Bulgaria should Freeze because it is an Unfriendly Country
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats
- » The Russian Ambassador expressed Hope that things will Change in Bulgaria