UN to Hold Next Straw Poll for Top Job on August 29
A third straw poll in the selection of a United Nations Secretary General is to be held at the world body's Security Council on August 29, officials have said.
The decision was taken after consultations at the UNSC, Ramlan Bin Ibrahim, Malaysia's Ambassador to the UN, according to the Bulgarian News Agency.
Malaysia holds the UNSC's presidency for August.
The new vote behind closed doors comes after the two previous ones on July 21 and August 05 have single out Antonio Guterres, former Portuguese Prime Minister, as the most preferred candidate.
The fifteen members of the UNSC vote "encourage", "discourage" or "no opinion" about the candidates, with the vote also aimed at persuading some of the contenders to leave the race.
So did Vesna Pusi?, Croatia's former Foreign Minister, who quit earier in August.
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov in Munich: Relations between Bulgaria and Germany are Excellent
- » North Macedonia PM Zaev: We have never been Closer to Bulgaria
- » President Radev: For Bulgaria, Cooperation with UNESCO is of Prime Importance
- » The Chairman of the Bulgarian National Assembly Leads a Bulgarian Delegation to the Pope for the Holiday
- » New President of Ukraine Confirmed Commitments to Open School with Advanced Study of Bulgarian Language
- » Bulgarian President: For Bulgaria, Germany is a Strategic Partner in the EU and a Very Close Partner in NATO