NATO Military Committee Deputy Chairman to Visit Bulgaria
Lieutenant General Mark Schissler, the Deputy Chairman of NATO Military Committee, will arrive on an official visit to Bulgaria on Friday, the Defence Ministry in Sofia has announced.
Lt Gen Schissler will meet Bulgaria’s Chief of Defence General Konstantin Popov and Navy Commander Rear Admiral Mitko Petev during his three-day visit, the ministry said in a statement on Thursday.
The high-ranking NATO official will also meet the head of the Naval Academy in Varna Commodore Boyan Mednikarov and attend events marking the Navy Day. Bulgaria celebrates Navy Day on the second Sunday of August.
The statement did not say what topics for discussion are on the agenda of the visit.
The Military Committee comprises the Chiefs of Defence of NATO member states. It is the senior military authority in NATO and provides military advice to the Alliance’s civilian decision-making bodies - the North Atlantic Council and the Nuclear Planning Group.
- » Bulgaria Expels 95 Foreigners on Security Grounds in 2018
- » The EU Reports a 3-4% Rise in Defense Spending Over the Past Two Years
- » Germany's Intelligence Warns of 'Islamic State' Attacks
- » Moscow Warns of the Deployment of US Nuclear Weapons in Europe
- » Erik Rubin: Bulgaria will Get the most Advanced Aircraft at the best Possible Price
- » Over 1000 Military and 58 War Machines at the Parade on 6 May in Sofia