NATO Military Committee Deputy Chairman to Visit Bulgaria
Lieutenant General Mark Schissler, the Deputy Chairman of NATO Military Committee, will arrive on an official visit to Bulgaria on Friday, the Defence Ministry in Sofia has announced.
Lt Gen Schissler will meet Bulgaria’s Chief of Defence General Konstantin Popov and Navy Commander Rear Admiral Mitko Petev during his three-day visit, the ministry said in a statement on Thursday.
The high-ranking NATO official will also meet the head of the Naval Academy in Varna Commodore Boyan Mednikarov and attend events marking the Navy Day. Bulgaria celebrates Navy Day on the second Sunday of August.
The statement did not say what topics for discussion are on the agenda of the visit.
The Military Committee comprises the Chiefs of Defence of NATO member states. It is the senior military authority in NATO and provides military advice to the Alliance’s civilian decision-making bodies - the North Atlantic Council and the Nuclear Planning Group.
- » US Military will Come to Bulgaria for Joint Training
- » Bulgaria Transfers Full Amount for Purchase of F-16 Aircraft and Associated Equipment and Weapons
- » Bulgarian Defence Ministry Invites Four Companies to Bid to Supply Armoured Vehicles
- » Bulgaria Continues Airbase Modernisation
- » Bulgaria Seeks to Buy 150 Armored Vehicles
- » The First F-16 Will be Ready in 2022 to Train Bulgarian Pilots (OVERVIEW)