Bulgarian Politician Attended Turkey Anti-Coup Rally
Kasim Dal, the deputy head of a party within the Reformist Bloc coalition, was at Istanbul's Yenikap? square of Sunday, during the last pro-democracy rally.
Dal, a Bulgarian Turk who is the deputy chair of th National Freedom and Dignity Party (NPSD), published a post on Facebook describing the mood on the square.
"Around me I see a huge wave of people who went out to protect freedom with the national flag in their hands. Today, on Yeni kap? square in Istanbul, we are honoring the heroic sacrifice of all who died for democracy. All those who support democracy are here," his post reads.
Up to four million are thought to have attended the huge rally, even though other sources cite lower estimates.
On Sunday, Dal wrote on his profile he had been invited by the Presidency of Turkey.
NPSD is one of the smaller parties in the Reformist Bloc, which is the junior partner in Bulgaria's coalition government.
There were no official Bulgarian delegates to the spectacular gathering. `
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria urged North Macedonia to include Bulgarians in its Constitution
- » North Macedonia's Foreign Minister: We must make the Changes in our Constitution
- » Montenegro 2023: Deciding between the Past and the Future
- » The Мinimum Wage in Greece becomes 780 Еuros
- » Borrell: North Macedonia made a Commitment to Include in its Constitution Citizens of other Nationalities such as Bulgarians
- » Greece is Blocked by a Massive General Strike