Rio 2016: Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova Drops out of Olympics Tennis Tournament
Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova lost to Laura Siegemund (Germany) in the first round of women’s singles of the tennis tournament of the Rio Olympics 2016 on Sunday night.
Siegemund defeated Pironkova 1-6, 6-4, 6-2 in 2.04 hours of play.
The loss was Pironkova’s third in Olympic Games. She had lost in the second round in each of the previous two occasions.
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov has also ended his participation in the Rio Olympics after losing to Croatia's Marin Cilic on Saturday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Minister of Sports Krassen Kralev : Stadiums Could Close Doors to Fans
- » 30 Years Later: Liverpool Is The New Champion of England!
- » Tennis Star Novak Djokovic Tests Positive for Covid-19
- » Coaches of Grigor Dimitrov and Novak Djokovic Tested Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Тennis Star Grigor Dimitrov Is Infected With COVID-19
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Training in His Hometown Haskovo