Some 57,000 Identified Migrants, Refugees Reside in Greece
There were 57,015 identified refugees and migrants in Greece as of August 5, Greek news agency AMNA reported on Friday citing official figures.
Out of these, almost 22,000 were hosted in northern Greece, while some 10,000 were in Attica region, AMNA said.
A total of 9,689 refugees and migrants were recorded on Greece’s eastern Aegean islands.
An estimated 160,515 had arrived in Greece by sea in 2016 through August 3, the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) has said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Kremlin Supports the Serbs in Kosovo - The West blames Pristina
- » Stoltenberg: NATO will deploy 700 more soldiers in Kosovo
- » 25 NATO soldiers were Injured in Clashes in Kosovo
- » Clashes between police and Serbs in Northern Kosovo
- » The Situation in Northern Kosovo is Calm - Vucic no longer Leader of his Party
- » Vucic raised the Combat Readiness of the Army and ordered the Serbs to March towards Kosovo