Police Detain Five Irregular Migrants on Coastal Road in SE Bulgaria
Police have detained five irregular migrants on the road linking the town of Ahtopol with the nearby village of Varvara, on the Black Sea coast, public broadcaster BNR reported on Friday.
The migrants were discovered in a passenger car, which police stopped for an inspection on the road in Burgas Region, on the southeastern tip of Bulgaria.
The five migrants, who had crossed the border into Bulgaria from Turkey, carried no identity documents with them. They claimed to be citizens of Iraq and Iran.
Police has launched criminal proceedings over people trafficking against the car driver, a 36-year old man from Sofia, BNR said.
- » At least Four Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » Military Official Stabbed a Policeman in Plovdiv, probably after a Scandal for a Woman
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas
- » The Bulgarian Church Punished the Abbot, Caught Driving Drunk
- » A Man Scared Children at a School in Sofia (Updated)