Police Detain Five Irregular Migrants on Coastal Road in SE Bulgaria
Police have detained five irregular migrants on the road linking the town of Ahtopol with the nearby village of Varvara, on the Black Sea coast, public broadcaster BNR reported on Friday.
The migrants were discovered in a passenger car, which police stopped for an inspection on the road in Burgas Region, on the southeastern tip of Bulgaria.
The five migrants, who had crossed the border into Bulgaria from Turkey, carried no identity documents with them. They claimed to be citizens of Iraq and Iran.
Police has launched criminal proceedings over people trafficking against the car driver, a 36-year old man from Sofia, BNR said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison