Police Detain Five Irregular Migrants on Coastal Road in SE Bulgaria
Police have detained five irregular migrants on the road linking the town of Ahtopol with the nearby village of Varvara, on the Black Sea coast, public broadcaster BNR reported on Friday.
The migrants were discovered in a passenger car, which police stopped for an inspection on the road in Burgas Region, on the southeastern tip of Bulgaria.
The five migrants, who had crossed the border into Bulgaria from Turkey, carried no identity documents with them. They claimed to be citizens of Iraq and Iran.
Police has launched criminal proceedings over people trafficking against the car driver, a 36-year old man from Sofia, BNR said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year