Police Detain Five Irregular Migrants on Coastal Road in SE Bulgaria
Police have detained five irregular migrants on the road linking the town of Ahtopol with the nearby village of Varvara, on the Black Sea coast, public broadcaster BNR reported on Friday.
The migrants were discovered in a passenger car, which police stopped for an inspection on the road in Burgas Region, on the southeastern tip of Bulgaria.
The five migrants, who had crossed the border into Bulgaria from Turkey, carried no identity documents with them. They claimed to be citizens of Iraq and Iran.
Police has launched criminal proceedings over people trafficking against the car driver, a 36-year old man from Sofia, BNR said.
- » BBC Investigation: Bulgarian Runs a Network for Fighting and Trading Dogs
- » More than 10 People were Detained in Operation by of GDBOP and National Security in Blagoevgrad
- » Masked and Armed Man Robbed a Bank Branch in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Authorities Shut Down 15 Websites Selling Fake Goods
- » Arrested Head of Work Capability Assessment Commission Remains in Custody
- » Third Skripal Suspect Linked to Poisoning in Bulgaria in 2015