Greece Arrests Bulgarian Woman over Cocaine Smuggling Attempt
A Bulgarian woman was arrested at Athens International Airport in Athens over an attempt to smuggle almost 2.5 kilogrammes of cocaine into Greece, Macedonian news agency MIA reported on Thursday.
The woman, who arrived from Rio de Janeiro via Zurich, tried to smuggle the cocaine in sachets labeled as ice cream powder in her luggage.
The initial investigation has found that the 29-year old Bulgarian woman was a suspected member of a drug-trafficking channel dealing mainly in the smuggling of cocaine from Latin America into Western Europe, according to MIA.
The identity of the woman was not disclosed.
- » Bulgarian Customs Officials Seized 7200 Liters of Alcohol in Cans Packaged as Coconut Milk
- » One Killed and Several Injured in a Shooting inside a Tram in Utrecht
- » The New Zealand Terrorist did not Know Bulgarian Citizens
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Interior Investigates Murder of a Woman in Harmanli
- » Police Detained 27 Illegal Immigrants in Plovdiv
- » The Active User Association Established Imitations of Quality Olive Oil on the Bulgarian Market