Greece Arrests Bulgarian Woman over Cocaine Smuggling Attempt
A Bulgarian woman was arrested at Athens International Airport in Athens over an attempt to smuggle almost 2.5 kilogrammes of cocaine into Greece, Macedonian news agency MIA reported on Thursday.
The woman, who arrived from Rio de Janeiro via Zurich, tried to smuggle the cocaine in sachets labeled as ice cream powder in her luggage.
The initial investigation has found that the 29-year old Bulgarian woman was a suspected member of a drug-trafficking channel dealing mainly in the smuggling of cocaine from Latin America into Western Europe, according to MIA.
The identity of the woman was not disclosed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » SP's Office Summons PM Borissov over the Bobokov Investigation
- » Bulgarian Commandos Arrested Bozhkov's Security Chief
- » Bulgarian of Syrian Descent Arrested in Bourgas for Terrorism
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Corruption Commission with Claims for BGN 140 Million Against Minyu and Stayko Staykovi
- » Bulgaria: Former Ministers Simeon Dyankov, Traicho Traikov and Businessman Prokopiev Acquitted in EVN Case
- » Bulgarian Chief Prosecutor Geshev: Senior Officials Have Been Arrested in Anti-Drug Operations