Greece Arrests Bulgarian Woman over Cocaine Smuggling Attempt
A Bulgarian woman was arrested at Athens International Airport in Athens over an attempt to smuggle almost 2.5 kilogrammes of cocaine into Greece, Macedonian news agency MIA reported on Thursday.
The woman, who arrived from Rio de Janeiro via Zurich, tried to smuggle the cocaine in sachets labeled as ice cream powder in her luggage.
The initial investigation has found that the 29-year old Bulgarian woman was a suspected member of a drug-trafficking channel dealing mainly in the smuggling of cocaine from Latin America into Western Europe, according to MIA.
The identity of the woman was not disclosed.
- » Police Took Down a Drug Trafficking Network in Europe, 11 Arrested
- » Pirates Abducted 19 Members of a Greek Tanker
- » Polish Customs Officers Seized Cocaine for Half a Billion Euro in Poland
- » Computer Scammers Have Stolen Tens of Millions from over 47 Companies Worldwide
- » Six Romanians Were Accused of Raping their Own Children
- » Europol Has Shut Down over 30,000 Web Pages for Intellectual Property Infringement