Greece Arrests Bulgarian Woman over Cocaine Smuggling Attempt
A Bulgarian woman was arrested at Athens International Airport in Athens over an attempt to smuggle almost 2.5 kilogrammes of cocaine into Greece, Macedonian news agency MIA reported on Thursday.
The woman, who arrived from Rio de Janeiro via Zurich, tried to smuggle the cocaine in sachets labeled as ice cream powder in her luggage.
The initial investigation has found that the 29-year old Bulgarian woman was a suspected member of a drug-trafficking channel dealing mainly in the smuggling of cocaine from Latin America into Western Europe, according to MIA.
The identity of the woman was not disclosed.
- » 10 People Arrested in Sofia for Drug Distribution
- » Nearly 100 kg of Heroin for BGN 3.6 Million Were Seized at the Danube Bridge Border Checkpoint
- » 11 Injured in a Shootout in Edirne
- » 18 People Were Killed and Dozens Were Injured in a Bomb Blast in Syrian City
- » Three People Were Killed and One Was Injured in a Shooting in Istanbul
- » More than a Tonne of Cocaine Was Found in a Banana Container in Italy