Nearly Third of Bulgarians Aged 25-54 Attained Higher Education - Eurostat
Some 28.9% of Bulgarians aged 25-54 have completed higher education, close to the EU-28 average level, data from EU statistics body Eurostat shows.
The percentage is higher than the one for Germany (28,3%), the Czech Republic (24.5%), Croatia (25%), Italy (19.1%), Romania (19.6%) or Slovakia (23.5%). It is lower than in countries such as Belgium (40%), Estonia (38.9%), Ireland (46.8%) or the United Kingdom (43.8%).
Bulgarians with "medium education" in this age group are 54.2%, while those with "low" level of education are 16.9%.
The share of Bulgarians with higher education in this age group is higher than among those aged 55-74, where the percentage is 20.8.
In this latter group, the share of people with a low level of education is 27.8% and those with a "medium" level are 51.4%.
- » 7500 Bulgarian Students are Currently Trained in a Real Work Environment
- » BGN 920 will be the Starting Teacher Salary in Bulgaria Next Year
- » Seven Bulgarian Students Received a Harvard Award
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program