Nearly Third of Bulgarians Aged 25-54 Attained Higher Education - Eurostat
Some 28.9% of Bulgarians aged 25-54 have completed higher education, close to the EU-28 average level, data from EU statistics body Eurostat shows.
The percentage is higher than the one for Germany (28,3%), the Czech Republic (24.5%), Croatia (25%), Italy (19.1%), Romania (19.6%) or Slovakia (23.5%). It is lower than in countries such as Belgium (40%), Estonia (38.9%), Ireland (46.8%) or the United Kingdom (43.8%).
Bulgarians with "medium education" in this age group are 54.2%, while those with "low" level of education are 16.9%.
The share of Bulgarians with higher education in this age group is higher than among those aged 55-74, where the percentage is 20.8.
In this latter group, the share of people with a low level of education is 27.8% and those with a "medium" level are 51.4%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Fees are Increasing in most Bulgarian Universities
- » One in Ten Bulgarians between the ages of 18 and 24 has Dropped out of School Early
- » Working as a Bulgarian Student in Europe: What You Need to Know About Work Permits
- » Bulgaria: A Draft Regulation provides for Military training for 10th and 11th Grade Students
- » 15.2% are the Teachers under 35 in Bulgaria, 54 is the Average Age
- » Bulgaria: The Affordable Option for Quality Education in Europe