Bulgarian Police Detain 65 Migrants in Sofia
Police in Sofia have detained 65 migrants carrying no identity documents in less than 24 hours, the Bulgarian Ministry of the Interior announced on Wednesday.
Eight migrants claiming to be of Afghan origin were detained on Tuesday night in an area of central Sofia frequented by migrants and refugees.
Another 57 foreign nationals including women and children were detained at several locations in the Bulgarian capital on Wednesday morning. Police is working to establish the identity and nationality of those people suspected of illegally residing in Bulgaria, according to the statement.
Police conducted the operation jointly with gendarmerie patrols.
- » 1kg of Cocaine and Almost 5kg of Heroin Seized by Police in Plovdiv Area
- » Cyberterrorists Attacked 40 US Cities
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office Files Indictment Against Controversial Banevi Family
- » Over One Tonne of Cannabis Was Found Aboard a Yacht in Greece
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits
- » Greenhouse for Marijuana Discovered in Southern Bulgaria