Bulgaria to Issue Only Three Types of Refugee Registration Cards
Bulgaria’s government has cut to three from five the types of registration cards issued by the State Agency for Refugees.
The change is in line with amendments to the Law on Asylum and Refugees adopted last year with the aim to transpose EU rules for common procedures for granting and withdrawing international protection into domestic legislation, the government said in a statement after a weekly meeting on Wednesday.
The government agency will issue separate registration cards to asylum seekers, foreign nationals applying for international protection, and foreign nationals granted temporary protection in Bulgaria.
The authorities will no longer issue registration cards to foreign citizens awaiting a decision in Bulgaria which country has to consider their application for refugee status, and those who apply for a fast-track procedure for receiving refugee status.
- » Cohesion Policy: EU Invests in the Trams of Sofia
- » 330 Meetings and Conferences Held in Bulgaria as Part of its EU Presidency
- » Bulgaria will Set up a Mechanism to Protect the Poor when the Euro is Adopted
- » EU Commissioner Gabriel on Attack Against Facebook
- » PM: Decision on Hungary Taken at Government Operative Meeting has no Legal Value but has Moral Significance
- » Bulgaria Stands Behind Hungary and Against Brussels