Bulgaria to Issue Only Three Types of Refugee Registration Cards
Bulgaria’s government has cut to three from five the types of registration cards issued by the State Agency for Refugees.
The change is in line with amendments to the Law on Asylum and Refugees adopted last year with the aim to transpose EU rules for common procedures for granting and withdrawing international protection into domestic legislation, the government said in a statement after a weekly meeting on Wednesday.
The government agency will issue separate registration cards to asylum seekers, foreign nationals applying for international protection, and foreign nationals granted temporary protection in Bulgaria.
The authorities will no longer issue registration cards to foreign citizens awaiting a decision in Bulgaria which country has to consider their application for refugee status, and those who apply for a fast-track procedure for receiving refugee status.
- » Bulgaria is the Worst in the EU Ranking on the Rule of Law for 2018
- » Rights of Bulgarian Citizens in the UK Will Be Guaranteed Even After a Hard Brexit
- » International Companies Awarded Bulgarian Students in Brussels
- » Sales of Diesel Cars Fall Across the EU, Excluding Bulgaria and Estonia
- » The European Commission Again Lowered Bulgaria's Economic Growth Estimate for 2018
- » The Minimum Wage in Bulgaria is 286 Euro, in Luxembourg - 2071 Euro