Bulgaria to Issue Only Three Types of Refugee Registration Cards
Bulgaria’s government has cut to three from five the types of registration cards issued by the State Agency for Refugees.
The change is in line with amendments to the Law on Asylum and Refugees adopted last year with the aim to transpose EU rules for common procedures for granting and withdrawing international protection into domestic legislation, the government said in a statement after a weekly meeting on Wednesday.
The government agency will issue separate registration cards to asylum seekers, foreign nationals applying for international protection, and foreign nationals granted temporary protection in Bulgaria.
The authorities will no longer issue registration cards to foreign citizens awaiting a decision in Bulgaria which country has to consider their application for refugee status, and those who apply for a fast-track procedure for receiving refugee status.
- » MFA: Due to Transport Strikes in Spain, There May be Difficulties with the Transport
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: We Suggest to Have a Cybersecurity Department in the European Commission
- » Fitch Agency: Bulgaria Could Adopt the Euro in 2023
- » Politico: Bulgaria Wants ''Agriculture'' Department in the New European Commission
- » Kristalina Georgieva's Chances to Head the IMF are Increasing
- » Bulgaria will Provide BGN 148,395 in Grants to Serbia, Montenegro, Armenia and Georgia