Bulgaria's Dimitrov Climbs Up 6 Spots in ATP Ranking
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria has improved his standing in the global ATP ranking, the organization's website shows.
Dimitrov is 34th in the list, up from his previous 40th position. The update comes days before the opening of the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
The Bulgarian, who two years ago reached the Top 10 of men's professional tennis but gradually lost ground, sinking down the chart, broke an almost uninterrupted series of defeats that he had been going through since May.
Dimitrov performed well at the Toronto Masters tournament, reaching the quarterfinals.
His next challenge will be at the Olympics, but a schedule of matches is yet to be announced.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Forbes: Roger Federer is the Highest-Paid Athlete in the World
- » 116 Years of FIFA: Here Are Some Facts
- » Bulgarian Football Teams Could Train in Groups Again
- » Football Championship in Bulgaria to be Resumed on 5 June
- » Bulgaria: Swimming Pools and Tennis Courts Re-open with Restrictions
- » PM Shinzo Abe: The Tokyo Olympics Won't be Held unless the Coronavirus Pandemic is Contained