Bulgaria Going Through Best Tourism Year Since 1998
The number of tourists to Bulgaria was 15% bigger between January and June compared to the same period of last year, Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova announced.
As many as 3.1 million tourists visited the country in the first half of 2016, she told Focus Radio on Sunday.
Angelkova said the results for those six months were already making 2016 the most successful year for Bulgaria's tourism industry since 1998.
Although Bulgaria was expecting a good summer in terms of visitors to sea resorts and other places across the country, the average overall projections, of a 10% year-on-year increase as of December 2016, had not changed since the beginning of the year.
- » 2.4 Million Bulgarians are Considering a Tourist Trip or Vacation during the Holidays
- » The Burgas - Istanbul Cruise Starts from July 1 Next Year
- » Tourists Will Pay a Tax for a Hotel Stay in Turkey
- » 4 not so Popular Ski Runs in Bulgaria
- » Wizz Air Recognized as the Best Low Cost Airline in Bulgaria and the Most Preferred Passenger Choice for the Third Consecutive Year
- » Four Children Will Travel to their Dream City with Turkish Airlines