Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Rise 21% Y/Y in June
The number of trips of Bulgarian residents abroad increased by 20.7% year-on-year last month, reaching 565,200, the country’s statistical office NSI announced on Wednesday.
Travel with the purpose of visiting friends and relatives, studying abroad or attending cultural and sport events had the largest share in the total number of trips of Bulgarian residents abroad in June 2016, 41.8%.
Trips with holiday and recreation purposesfollowedwith 32.6%,and trips with business purpose had a share of 25.6%.
In June 2016, the number of arrivals of visitors from abroad to Bulgaria was 1.355 million, marking an annual increase of 19.5%.
An increase of61.4%, was registered in the number of foreign nationals’visits with business purpose. Trips with holiday and recreation purpose increased by 24.6% year-on-year, while the trips with other purposes remained little changed compared with June 2015.
- » Up to 60 Irish Holidaymakers Left Stranded in Bulgaria after Travel Agents' Failure
- » The Cheapest Spot for Families this Summer
- » The Ministry of Tourism Expects a 5% Increase in Foreign Tourists
- » Bulgarian Hotel Managers: Increases of Prices of Vacations will Come Next Year
- » Turkey is in the Top 10 in the Inbound Tourism Markets for Bulgaria
- » Up to BGN 4.7 Million is the Income from Overnight Stays in Plovdiv