Ludogorets, Crvena Zvezda Tied in Champions League Qualifier
The Bulgarian team Ludogorets (Razgrad) and Serbia's Crvena Zvezda have ended their Tuesday match 2:2 in their first encounter within the Champions League qualifiers in Razgrad.
Ludogorets had a clear lead in the first half, with Jonathan Cafu scoring a goal just before halftime.
Aleksandar Katai and Gejlor Kanga of Crvena Zvezda secured a 2:1 for the Belgrade team in the next twenty minutes, but Lucas Sasha scored for Ludogotets in the 76th minute.
The two teams will again face each other in Belgrade on August 02.
The winners will make it to UEFA Europa League's group stage, but will also have the chance to seek an entry into the Champions League if they defeat their next opponents in the playoffs.
Tuesday's game was also marked by acts of hooliganism on behalf of Crvena Zvezda fans, with 45 of them detained in the Black Sea resort of Sunny Beach, according to the Bulgarian prosecuting authorities.
Many fans of Crvena Zvezda had arrived to the Black Sea coast (with Razgrad being closer to the sea than Sofia) where the Serbian team had initially been accommodated.
Some of those detained were involved in beating two police officers and citizens. In another incident, a taxi driver was driver was injured after being attacked by fans. Two people who tried to help him were also hurt. Damages were also inflicted on his car.
- » 296 Boxers From 39 Countries Participated in a Boxing Tournament in Bulgaria
- » One of the Richest Bulgarians Vasil Bozhkov Takes over the Management of Levski Football Club
- » UEFA Decided When Bulgaria must have at least One Stadium with VAR
- » Official: Lubo Penev is the New Coach of CSKA Sofia Taking over from El Maestro
- » Jess Messina Off to Bulgaria
- » Different Football Team Success