Priest Killed in Hostage Siege in Normandy
File photo, EPA/BGNES
Two men armed with knives have been "neutralized" after taking four people hostage in the French city of Rouen, Normandy, police say.
One of the hostages - 84-year-old priest Fr Jacques Hamel - has been killed by the armed men.
Pope Francis has condemned the development as "absurd violence".
The perpetrators' motives are not immediately known.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Third Night of Protests in Paris: More than 80 People were Detained
- » 310 People Detained at Protests against the Pension Reform in France
- » ECB Raised the Interest Rates to 3.5% - Highest since 2008
- » The Court of the EU rejected the claim of the EC against Bulgaria for Air Pollution
- » Pfizer proposes 40% cut in EU supply of COVID-19 Vaccines
- » Europe is Protected from the Bankruptcy of SVB