NY Times: By Bulgaria's Beautiful Black Sea
It wouldn't be surprising if the Bulgarian Black Sea coast becomes "the new 'hot' destination in Eastern Europe," according to a New York Times article.
"With its abundance of inexpensive lodging, fantastic seafood and gorgeous (free) beaches," combined with "some good round-trip airfares from the United States to [the capital] Sofia" are among the advantages that the author, Lucas Peterson, points out when describing a few days' trip he took along the coast.
The area is "steeped in history," with southern Bulgarian towns of Nessebar and Sozopol bearing a "deep sense of the past" dating back to the Thracian era and subsequently to Greek colonizers.
The story is available here.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 'Bulgaria Phone Scammers Rob, Blackmail Elderly'
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Grows Uneasy as Trump Complicates Ties to Russia
- » NY Times: As Support for EU Flags Elsewhere, Bulgaria Sees Its Benefits
- » DW: German Businesses Prefer Trade with Bulgaria over Investment
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'