Motorway Crash Injures 21 Migrants in Bulgaria
A cargo vehicle tumbled over over the weekend, leaving twenty-one migrants injured on Trakia motorway, police say.
Six of them were hospitalized with multiple traumas.
The vehicle, en route to Sofia, hit the containment parapet between the two lanes on Saturday afternoon.
It had Sofia license plates, according to police officials quoted by Focus News Agency.
The migrants, who claimed to be from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq (but had no identity documents), were found in the bodywork.
The driver, however, was missing from the scene.
- » Sofia Trams 1, 6 and 7 were Temporarily Stopped on "Hristo Botev" Blvd.
- » Lava Bomb Hits Hawaiian Tour Boat Near Kilauea Volcano
- » Whole Block of Flats was Evacuated in Chepelare after Children's Play with Fire
- » Seaside Restaurant Floor Collapses, 29 People Injured
- » Passengers Hospitalised as Ryanair Makes Emergency Landing
- » Controversial Shopping Mall Partly Collapses in Mexico City