Motorway Crash Injures 21 Migrants in Bulgaria
A cargo vehicle tumbled over over the weekend, leaving twenty-one migrants injured on Trakia motorway, police say.
Six of them were hospitalized with multiple traumas.
The vehicle, en route to Sofia, hit the containment parapet between the two lanes on Saturday afternoon.
It had Sofia license plates, according to police officials quoted by Focus News Agency.
The migrants, who claimed to be from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq (but had no identity documents), were found in the bodywork.
The driver, however, was missing from the scene.
- » Taiwan Investigates Train Crash that Killed 18
- » Bulgarian Football Club Graffiti Appeared on Hiroshima Monument
- » Six Injured in Accident at Arms Factory Arsenal in Kazanlak
- » 22 Dead as Migrant Truck Crashes in Western Turkey
- » 12-year-old Killed by Electric Shock in Southern Bulgaria
- » Severe Car Crash Involving Bulgarians near Turin