Belarusian Journalist Killed in Explosion in Kiev
Journalist Pavlo Sheremet died in a blast in Kiev, Ukrainian and Russian media report.
The incident happened as Sheremet was driving a car owned by Elena Pritule, the head of Ukrainska pravda ("Ukrainian Truth"), one of the media outlets he worked for.
What caused the blast was not immediately clear, but subsequent reports attributed it to an explosive device installed in the vehicle.
Ukraine's President Poroshenko expressed his "shock" at the death of Sheremet and called for an investigation.
The renown journalist, born in Belarus but working in Ukraine and Russia, was heading to the building of Radio Vesti to host part of its morning broadcast.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 126 of the Invasion of Ukraine: 36 People are Missing after the Russian Strike on Kremenchuk
- » EU to Provide Ukraine with Funds to Combat Nuclear and Chemical Threats
- » Day 125 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 18 Dead after Russians Hit a Mall in Kremenchuk
- » Day 124 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Battle of Lysychansk Continues, Zelensky wants More Weapons
- » Day 123 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions in Kyiv, Widodo will meet Zelensky and Putin
- » Day 122 of the Invasion of Ukraine: All of Luhansk under Russian Control except Lysychansk