Moody's Upgrades Bulgarian Energy Holding's Rating
Moody's Investors Service has assigned a provisional (P)Ba2 senior unsecured rating to Bulgarian Energy Holding EAD's (BEH) proposed bond issuance, the company has said.
It normally issues provisional ratings in advance of the final sale of securities to voice its preliminary credit opinion with regard to the transaction only, with a definitive rating possibly differing from a provisional one.
BEH's (P)Ba1 corporate family rating has meanwhile been affirmed, with a stable outlook.
The senior unsecured rating is positioned one notch below the corporate family rating, which reflects the structural subordination of the creditors at the holding company to those in the operating subsidiaries.
Upward rating potential is limited, Moody's also says, citing "uncertainties over the settlement of the Belene arbitration award and the timing and nature of the full liberalization of the wholesale electricity market and its impact on BEH."
- » Kozloduy NPP Will Be Supplied with Nuclear Fuel by 2025
- » The European Commission Approved nearly 94 Million Euros for a New Power Plant in Bulgaria
- » Herro Mustafa: The US Will Send Energy Experts to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Becomes Part of the Common European Electricity Market
- » Energy Expert: These 11 km from Balkan Stream are Extremely Important for Bulgaria
- » The Construction of the Balkan Stream Gas Pipeline Through Bulgaria Has Started (Video)