Hundreds of Migrants 'Reached Belgrade via Bulgaria' Last Week
Up to 300 migrants reached Belgrade on a daily basis after having crossed into Serbia from Bulgaria, a non-profit says.
Info Park, an NGO that deals with feeding migrants who aren't registered with Serbian authorities, say a minimum of 50 people did so every day last week.
The development comes as Serbia announced it was setting up joint army and police forces to deploy them to the borders with Macedonia and Bulgaria.
Bulgaria's Interior Ministry estimates, quoted by news website Dnevnik.bg, suggest as many as 254 "third-country nationals" were detained last week while trying to enter Serbia.
Of these, 145 were neither detected while crossing into Bulgaria nor registered with the State Agency for Refugees.
- » Tsipras Survives Confidence Vote
- » Macedonia Step Toward Joining NATO
- » Greek Defence Minister Announces Resignation Ahead of Macedonia Vote
- » Macedonia Lawmakers To Hold Critical Debate Over Name Change
- » Severe Weather Conditions in Greece Expected to Worsen
- » Snow and Storms Across Greece as “Rafael” Covers Country