Hundreds of Migrants 'Reached Belgrade via Bulgaria' Last Week
Up to 300 migrants reached Belgrade on a daily basis after having crossed into Serbia from Bulgaria, a non-profit says.
Info Park, an NGO that deals with feeding migrants who aren't registered with Serbian authorities, say a minimum of 50 people did so every day last week.
The development comes as Serbia announced it was setting up joint army and police forces to deploy them to the borders with Macedonia and Bulgaria.
Bulgaria's Interior Ministry estimates, quoted by news website Dnevnik.bg, suggest as many as 254 "third-country nationals" were detained last week while trying to enter Serbia.
Of these, 145 were neither detected while crossing into Bulgaria nor registered with the State Agency for Refugees.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Dramatic Increase in COVID-19 Infection in Balkan Countries
- » For the Serbian Patriarch, North Macedonia does not exist
- » Local Elections are being Held in North Macedonia
- » 44 Percent of Adults in North Macedonia have been Vaccinated
- » Protests and Political Instability in Slovenia Before EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Entering North Macedonia will Require Vaccination Certificate Starting September 1