NATO Chief Calls on Turkey to Ensure ‘Respect for Democracy’ after Coup Attempt
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has condemned the attempted coup in Turkey and reiterated his support to the country’s democratic institutions.
“It is essential for Turkey, like all other Allies, to ensure full respect for democracy and its institutions, the constitutional order, the rule of law and fundamental freedoms,” Stoltenberg said in a statement on Monday.
Stoltenberg added that he had spoken to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in the aftermath of the attempted coup and had “welcomed the strong support shown by the people and all political parties to democracy and to the democratically elected government.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin: Nazi Germany Wanted to Exterminate and Enslave Soviet People
- » Slovenian FM Sides with Skopje against Bulgaria, Requesting EU "action" for Western Balkans Enlargement
- » EU Council of Foreign Ministers Agrees New Sanctions on Lukashenko
- » Discover: Northern Areas of Pakistan – a Heaven on Earth
- » UK Reports over 11,000 COVID-19 Cases in 24 hrs, First Time in four Months
- » New York Celebrates End of Covid Restrictions with Fireworks