Number of Turkish Tourists to Bulgaria Rising
The number of visitors from Turkey has been growing since the beginning of the winter season, Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova estimated on Sunday.
Speaking on the final day of the traditional Rozhen folklore fair, she said 10% more tourists from Turkey had arrived to Bulgaria's Black Sea resorts this year compared to the same period of the previous one.
Winter visitors coming from Turkey had also increased in numbers and were up 15% during the last season, Angelkova has added.
The minister made clear her institution is closely following the developments in the neighboring country, working to analyze the situation which will "inevitably" have an impact on the tourist flow.
"We have taken absolutely all measures to secure the safety and comfort of tourists. Whoever heads to [Bulgaria] will be well received and attended and next year I hope we will be able to retain this interest in our country next year."
- » Up to 60 Irish Holidaymakers Left Stranded in Bulgaria after Travel Agents' Failure
- » The Cheapest Spot for Families this Summer
- » The Ministry of Tourism Expects a 5% Increase in Foreign Tourists
- » Bulgarian Hotel Managers: Increases of Prices of Vacations will Come Next Year
- » Turkey is in the Top 10 in the Inbound Tourism Markets for Bulgaria
- » Up to BGN 4.7 Million is the Income from Overnight Stays in Plovdiv