Turkey Reopens Checkpoints Along Border with Bulgaria
Turkey has reopened checkpoints along the border with Bulgaria, which had been closed during the unsuccessful attempt for coup carried out by a group within the Turkish military overnight.
The checkpoints were closed on the Turkish side, while border police patrols and military presence on the Bulgarian side was stepped up.
With the Turkish government having reportedly regained control and crushed the coup by Saturday morning, the border checkpoints were reopened.
Bulgaria's interior ministry informed on Saturday that as of noon, Turkish border officials had restored the passage of cars in the direction of Bulgaria at the Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint.
At present, all kinds of vehicles are passing through the checkpoint. Traffic in both directions has also been restored at Lesovo and Malko Tarnovo checkpoints.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Romania to buy 32 new F-35 Fighter Jets
- » Three Serbs were Killed in Kosovo, Two others were Wounded
- » Romania blocked Austria's participation in NATO meetings
- » Mine Blew Up a Ship off the Coast of Romania?
- » Bus with 35 People Crashed in Montenegro: At least Three People Died
- » Romania will Not Import Ukrainian Grain for another 30 days