President: Stability, Peace in Turkey Are of Primary Importance for Bulgaria
In a press statement released in connection with the unsuccessful attempt for coup carried out by a group within the Turkish military overnight, President Rosen Plevneliev said that Turkey is a good neighbour and strategic partner of Bulgaria.
In his words, stability and peace in Turkey are of primary importance for Bulgaria as is the respect of human rights.
Similarly to a statement made by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov earlier, Plevneliev assured that Bulgaria is closely monitoring the situation in neighbouring Turkey.
The Bulgarian president condemned all forms of violence and expressed support for the democratically elected institutions of Turkey.
He called for calmness and advised Bulgarian citizens in Turkey to turn to Bulgaria's diplomatic missions in the country if the need arises.
- » The Biggest Bulgarian-Macedonian Business Forum Opened in Skopje
- » Bulgaria and Macedonia will Work for Joint Border Control
- » Russian President Vladimir Putin is on a Working Visit to Serbia
- » Bulgaria will Оpen Commercial Representation in Skopje
- » Bulgarian, Libyan PMs Intervene to End Oil Tanker Row
- » The Romanian Ambassador in Bulgaria Presented the Priorities of the Romanian Euro-Presidency