President: Stability, Peace in Turkey Are of Primary Importance for Bulgaria
In a press statement released in connection with the unsuccessful attempt for coup carried out by a group within the Turkish military overnight, President Rosen Plevneliev said that Turkey is a good neighbour and strategic partner of Bulgaria.
In his words, stability and peace in Turkey are of primary importance for Bulgaria as is the respect of human rights.
Similarly to a statement made by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov earlier, Plevneliev assured that Bulgaria is closely monitoring the situation in neighbouring Turkey.
The Bulgarian president condemned all forms of violence and expressed support for the democratically elected institutions of Turkey.
He called for calmness and advised Bulgarian citizens in Turkey to turn to Bulgaria's diplomatic missions in the country if the need arises.
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Talked with the UN Secretary-General
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister Participates in the Council for Foreign Affairs
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Will Participate in the Council for Foreign Affairs and the General Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- » Information Days for Bulgarian Citizens in Cyprus
- » Foreign Minister: We will Establish Regular Contact between the Diplomats of Bulgaria and UAE
- » Rumen Radev Met with Hungarian President Janos Ader in Budapest