President: Stability, Peace in Turkey Are of Primary Importance for Bulgaria
In a press statement released in connection with the unsuccessful attempt for coup carried out by a group within the Turkish military overnight, President Rosen Plevneliev said that Turkey is a good neighbour and strategic partner of Bulgaria.
In his words, stability and peace in Turkey are of primary importance for Bulgaria as is the respect of human rights.
Similarly to a statement made by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov earlier, Plevneliev assured that Bulgaria is closely monitoring the situation in neighbouring Turkey.
The Bulgarian president condemned all forms of violence and expressed support for the democratically elected institutions of Turkey.
He called for calmness and advised Bulgarian citizens in Turkey to turn to Bulgaria's diplomatic missions in the country if the need arises.
- » Prime Minister Borisov Met with the British Ambassador to Bulgaria Emma Hopkins
- » Georgian and Bulgarian Foreign Ministries Have Held Political Consultations
- » Iran Urges Establishment of Joint Fund with Bulgaria to Boost Trade Cooperation
- » PM and Apostolic Nuncio to Bulgaria Discussed Possible Visit by the Pope
- » Bulgaria and Saudi Arabia Sign Memorandum on Joint Bulgarian-Saudi State-owned Company
- » Bulgarian President Radev goes on a Visit to London