Two Young Men Go Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Ruse
Two young men went missing in the Danube river near the Bulgarian city of Ruse late on Thursday afternoon.
The clothes of the men, who are both aged above twenty, have been found on the river bank in the area of Lyulyaka island.
The two men and a female friend of theirs had gone for a walk by the river. Although bathing in the river is strictly prohibited, the men decided to swim to the island.
After the men did not return for some time, the girl submitted a signal to the 112 emergency number.
According to preliminary information, one of the men started to drown, while the other tried to rescue him.
Officials of the interior ministry, firefighters, emergency medical crews and border police officers with a cutter have been searching the river, including the Romanian section.
In June, a fourteen-year-old girl drowned in the Danube river near the Bulgarian town of Silistra.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Bus Incident near Ruse - 10 people Injured
- » A Series of Strong Earthquakes in Greece, Panic in North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Buses Blocked for Hours on the Serbian-Hungarian Border
- » The 150 Bulgarians who were Blocked at Frankfurt Airport have returned Home
- » More than 150 Bulgarians are Stranded at Frankfurt airport
- » Dangerous Trend in Bulgaria: 100 victims from Road Accidents - more than in 2020