Dozens Feared Dead After Lorry Rams Into Crowd in Nice
Dozens of people are feared dead after a lorry rammed into a crowd in the French coastal city of Nice on Thursday evening.
Preliminary information of local authorities puts the death toll at around sixty people, witn hundred other injured. The driver of the lorry was shot dead by security forces.
The incident occurred during celebrations marking the national holiday of France – Bastille Day. It happened on the popular Promenade des Anglais towards the end of the traditional fireworks.
Authorities have classified the incident as an attack and have asked people to stay indoors.
According to unconfirmed reports, there was exchange of fire between police officers and people in the lorry, the BBC informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Far-Right Won in Italy’s Elections
- » Italy's Elections might Put in Power the most Right-Wing Government since World War II
- » EU: Mobilization and the Referendums show Putin's Desperation
- » Italy could Pay you 15,000 Euros to Move to Sardinia
- » The EU to Give 55 Million Euros to Bulgaria for Refugees and Social Payments
- » European Parliament: Because of Orban, Hungary is No Longer a Democratic Country