Dozens Feared Dead After Lorry Rams Into Crowd in Nice
Dozens of people are feared dead after a lorry rammed into a crowd in the French coastal city of Nice on Thursday evening.
Preliminary information of local authorities puts the death toll at around sixty people, witn hundred other injured. The driver of the lorry was shot dead by security forces.
The incident occurred during celebrations marking the national holiday of France – Bastille Day. It happened on the popular Promenade des Anglais towards the end of the traditional fireworks.
Authorities have classified the incident as an attack and have asked people to stay indoors.
According to unconfirmed reports, there was exchange of fire between police officers and people in the lorry, the BBC informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europe is facing a Recession
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » The Czech EU Presidency: Rethink, Rebuild, Repower
- » EU Roaming Rules Extended until 2032
- » Macron: Thank you Bulgaria, Congratulations North Macedonia
- » "This is your European Duty": Macron urges Bulgaria to Support the Veto Compromise on North Macedonia