Serbian Media Report Hundreds of Migrant Crossings from Bulgaria
A "significant" number of migrants cross into Serbia from Bulgaria and Macedonia on a daily basis, according to Serbian media.
Serbia's M1 TV quotes Gy?rgy Bakondi, Hungarian PM Viktor Orb?n's national security advisor, as saying many of them try to cross into Hungary. As many as 1900 tried to enter the country in a week.
However, a bigger number of migrants have returned to Belgrade from the Serbian-Hungarian border over the past days than those who reached Hungary, he has added.
As many as 600 migrants were stopped from entering the country by 1300 police and returned to the transit zone of the border, he has explained.
Three hundred people arrive in Serbia from Bulgaria on a daily basis, while around a hundred come from Macedonia, a Radio and Television Serbia report claims, cited by BGNES wire service.
The report comes against the backdrop of tightened border controls in Hungary, with hundreds of migrants caught in the transit zone with Serbia sent back. Earlier in July, Serbian Radio B92 reported plans to send thousands of migrants back to Serbian territory.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis