Eleven-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Bulgaria's Varna
Eleven-year-old girl drowned in the area of the southern beach in Bulgaria's largest Black Sea city of Varna on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident occurred in the area between the central and southern beaches at the eleventh lifeguard post, Darik radio informs.
The girl was part of an unaccompanied group of children, who had come to bathe at the beach from the nearby town of Provadiya.
The girl, who did not know how to swim, is believed to have encountered a pit under water. No one noticed when she began drowning. The body was spotted only when it appeared above the surface of the water.
When the body was recovered from the water, the girl did not have any pulse and was not breathing.
The medical crews on the beach together with emergency medical crews made all efforts to bring her to life, but to no avail.
There have been rough seas in the past days and the sea has been particularly dangerous as there is rip current. A yellow flag warning for bathing had been declared at the beach.
This is the latest in a series of drowning incidents to have occurred along the Black Sea coast and in rivers in the interior of the country with the recent warming of the weather.
- » Three Children Killed in Gas Explosion in Northern Macedonia
- » A Tram Hit a Child in Sofia
- » Train with 160 Passengers Aboard Derails in Australia
- » 5 People Died in a Russian Hotel after it was Flooded with Boiling Water (VIDEO)
- » At least 57 were Killed in Avalanches in Pakistan
- » Public Bus Fell into a Huge Hole in China, at least 6 People are Killed (PHOTOS)